- Marcia presented her work to the faculty of Tisch Grad Acting, March, 2017
- Marcia co-organized and presented at the NYU Steinhardt symposium, “The Inner Life of the Performing Artist: Sensation, Imagination, and The Brain”, January, 2017
- Marcia has organized and will be presenting at an NYU symposium entitled, “The Inner Life of The Preforming Artist; Imagination, Sensation and The Brain”. The symposium will take place January 13-15.
- Marcia has been invited in August to present her work at the international Musical Theatre Educators Alliance in Oslo.
- Marcia taught a well attended lecture at Juilliard Pre-College on December 5th at Morse Hall
- Marcia has written an article on body issues for the American String Teaches Association, NJ chapter.
Check it out at www.astanj.com (go to the News tab and then to newsletter)
- Marcia will be teaching another class at Juilliard for Pre-College students and parents on April 10, 2010
- Marcia has written an article for the award winning national journal, American String Teachers-ASTAweb.com
- Marcia’s workshop, Reaching The Inner Musician, was presented on October 30 at Morse Hall for parents and students of the Pre-College Division at Juilliard.
- Marcia is proud to be completing her first year of a three year training program in Somatic Experiencing.
- Marcia was a guest instructor at The Steinhardt School of Performing Art Professions at New York University on April 18th, 2011. The class was entitled, “The Felt Sense and The Performer”
- Marcia is very pleased to be revisiting New York University on September 21 and October 31
- Marcia has completed her second year of training in Somatic Experiencing
- Marcia’s article, The Musician and Whole Body Consciousness, was published in the November issue of the American String Teacher Journal
- Marcia is very pleased to be back at The Steinhardt School at NYU in 2012, teaching her class entitled, “Living In The Story:Your Brain, Your Body, Your Voice”.
- Marcia has completed her three year training in Somatic Experiencing and is proud to now be a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP)
- Marcia is also proud to have been given an appointment to the adjunct faculty of the Steindhart School at NYU
- Marcia’s article, “Dramatic Circumstance: On Acting, Singing, and Living Inside the Stories We Tell:Teaching Through the Lens of Neuroscience”, written with Bill Wesbrooks, will appear in the the online publication, The Soul of the American Actor(soulamericanactor.com.
Copyright © 2014 Body As Instrument